Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Surprise, Google's advanced voice search works



Even though I have an iPhone, I am not a fan of Siri. Apple's voice activation software seems cranky and is not accurate enough for me to be useful. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Google's advanced voice search, using the Google App on my iPhone, works appreciably better and in fact, starts to become useful. Some of the questions I asked both systems seemed to baffle Siri but were easily answered correctly by Google.

Both systems seemed to have a hard time with the word "genealogy." Google thought it was "Jenny ology" and Siri thought it was a place. But the incidence of correct answers for Google seemed to be significant. I am not certain that talking to your computer (iPhone) itself is such a marvelous breakthrough for humans, but it is interesting and will likely save a lot of keystrokes.


No comments:

Post a Comment